Wave round

Friday, February 22, 2013

Closing Remarks for SMPS PRC

Confluence is about connecting. Connecting the dots; connecting with friends and colleagues; and connecting with our work we do and the world around us.

This Conference has been an amazing journey. Like the historic explorers Lewis and Clark who brought this part of the country into the consciousness of the Western World, your Planning Committee covered miles of details and took every challenge head on. As I mention their names, please come up and accept the thanks and accolades they so richly deserve...

In the face of a struggling economy, your Sponsorship Committee secured the valuable sponsors who grace our lobby area and support the WAVE. Please help me thank:
Nicole Menchaca - Turner Construction
Mike McGettigan - Terracon
Michelle Hoalton - PACE

The wonderful brochure, signage, PPT templates, name tags, website, Twitter page, Linked In page, Facebook page and all of the WAVE eBlasts for the last 12 months are products of your Marketing Committee. Please help me thank:
Christine Kenney - Dahl Consultants
Chris Imbeau - RAFN Company
Sarah Carlson - ARCADIS

The incredibly difficult job of selecting this year's session speakers fell to an equally incredible team. YThey received 75 session suggestions for 12 slots, and developed an awesome lineup. Please help me thank:
Evan Ross - RBF/Baker
Alethea O'Dell - Degenkolb Engineers
Kenda Salisbury - Historic Research Associates

The test of any Conference is rarely the Programs, Marketing, or even Sponsorship. It's the quintessential customer service - the experience of interacting with the Conference from the moment you say "I will attend" to the second you leave the hotel. Handling every Registration detail with grace and calm, your Registration Committee has gone above and beyond for all of us. Please help me thank:
Beth Ito - Coffman Engineers
Don Love - Architects Alaska

And finally, the heart and soul of the Planning Committee... These women supported me and the Committee not only by heading up a subcommittee themselves, but by handling the financial details, wrangling the random questions posted to the website, and taking my every call, email, and text message with humor and intelligence. They are my anchors on The WAVE. Please help me thank:
Past Co-Chair and Treasurer Carine Theissen - Brown and Caldwell
and Co-Chair and next year's lead, Veronica Willenbring - Morley Builders

Next year's Pacific Regional Conference will be at the Hyatt in Huntington Beach in California. I have no doubt that Veronica Willenbring will lead your Planning Committee with heart and mind to bring you another amazing conference. So while I am sad to see this WAVE crash on the shore for the last day, I am excited about the momentum and energy we've built up. I can hardly wait to see what happens next.

Thank you for allowing me to be your Co-Chair for SPMS PRC - Portland. Thank you for creating Confluence here at The Nines.
Sincerely,
Katherine Robinette, CPSM
David Evans and Associates, Inc.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad, @craftkat

No comments:

Post a Comment