Wave round

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How To Attend a Conference

David Lecours has been a past and now current presenter at The Wave (Catch him talking about the power of stories to win business). He also regularly attends conferences. So, after his years of "field experience" he wrote a great piece at dedicated to his lessons learned. Check out How To Attend a Conference for 8 great tips including everything from picking the right events, to per-conference networking and meet-up arranging, to seizing every opportunity you can get and just sleeping on the plane ;)

Study these great tips from David and let us both know if you have others that have served you well. I personally like to take full advantage of conferences to ask the speakers and senior attendees lots of questions - but I also like to ask those first timers what trends they are seeing or new technologies they are starting to incorporate. I never meet anyone that doesn't have something to teach me. I'm really looking forward to soaking it all in.

Thanks David for the tips. Tweet up with David at @lecoursdesign and in person at his session in just a week!

days and counting - see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post Stacy. Going forward, I'll be using @davidlecours as my Twitter handle. Why the switch? I've found that following people is more compelling than following companies.

    ReplyDelete